As per a recently published report by Cognitive Market Research, the Global Urinary Tract Infection Testing Market is projected to reach $964.91 Million by 2030 growing at a CAGR of 6.7% from 2023 to 2030. It has been observed that almost 40% of women in the U.S. develop a urinary tract infection (UTI) at some point in their lifetime which has resulted in increased demand of UTI testing. Similarly, increase in use of at-home UTI test and treatment kits is expected to drive the growth of this market.
Key Findings during the study of the UTI Testing Industry:
- The urinary tract infection affects various parts of the urinary tract, but the most common type is a bladder infection (cystitis)
- In terms of test type, the urinalysis segment dominates the urinary tract infection testing market. This can be attributed to its application in detecting and managing a wide range of disorders, such as urinary tract infections, kidney disease, and diabetes
- Women are more likely to get a UTI than men because women have shorter urethras than men, so bacteria have to travel a shorter distance to reach the bladder
- Based on end-user, the hospitals sub-segment emerged as the global leader in 2022 and the diagnostic laboratories are anticipated to be the fastest-growing sub-segment during the forecast period
- North America dominates the UTI Testing market accounting for a share of approximately 34% due to the high prevalence of UTI among the population, especially in the U.S.
- APAC is expected to grow at the fastest rate due to high population growth, increasing health awareness, high prevalence of diabetes, etc.
- Some of the socioeconomic factors, such as the geriatric population, diabetic patients, poor perineal hygiene, and anatomic/functional urinary tract abnormalities, are responsible for the exponential growth of the UTI testing market
Request Free Sample Copy: Urinary Tract Infection Testing: by Infection Type (Cystitis, Urethritis, Pyelonephritis, Vaginitis); by Test Type (Urinalysis, Urine Culture): by Test Kits (Home Test Kits, Laboratory Test Kits); by Gender (Men, Women, Children); by End User (Hospitals, Diagnostic Laboratories, Research Institutes);by Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East, and Africa) Global Industry Analysis, COVID-19 Impact, and Industry Forecast, 2018-2030
Global Urinary Tract Infection Testing Market
Global Revenue (USD Million)
CAGR (2023 to 2030)
Key Infection Type Share
Key Test Type Share
Key Test Kits Share
Laboratory Test Kits:75.3%
Key Gender Share
Key End-user Share
Key Regional Share
UTI Testing Market Growth and Trends
Demand for at-home UTI tests has increased owing to the high convenience of patients because of easy home use. Hence, Superdrug has launched an at-home UTI test and treatment kit after noticing a significant increase in demand for treatment. Scientists are also developing a new test that could diagnose some UTIs in 40 minutes.
Many other companies have invested in launching new UTI testing procedures that can be used as at-home UTI tests to provide fast and reliable results. For instance, Sysmex has recently introduced the UF-1500 Fully Automated Urine Particle Analyzer. With the launch of this product Sysmex aims to deliver a wider range of solutions tailored to the customer's environment and standardize urine testing at small and medium-sized facilities. Moreover, the German diagnostics group Qiagen has aimed to capitalize on consumer confidence in-home testing. It has launched products that can detect infections on a daily basis without a visit to a surgery or hospital.
Read the Full Report with the Table of Contents and Consult with Author: https://www.cognitivemarketresearch.com/urinary-tract-infection-testing-market-report
UTI is one of the most common infections globally, and diagnosing this common infection is not straightforward. This has driven the need for new technologies to improve patient care as well as to promote antibiotic stewardship. Emerging technologies, such as microfluidics, biosensors, real-time microscopy systems, and sequence-based diagnostics, are showing profitable potential in delivering rapid results. For instance, Healthy.io has launched a smartphone-based diagnostic for urinary tract infections available to women at home amid the COVID-19 pandemic so they do not have to visit the doctor.
Urinary Tract Infection Testing Market Report Scope
Urinary Tract Infection Testing Market - Infection Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018–2030)
Urinary Tract Infection Testing Market - Test Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018–2030)
- Urine Culture
Urinary Tract Infection Testing Market - Test Kits Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018–2030)
- Home Test Kits
- Laboratory Test Kits
Urinary Tract Infection Testing Market - Gender Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018–2030)
Urinary Tract Infection Testing Market - End-user Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018–2030)
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Research Institutes
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, Russia, Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Southeast Asia, Rest of APAC)
- Latin America (Brazil, Argentina, Columbia, Rest of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Egypt, Rest of MEA)
List of Key Companies
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Sysmex Corporation
- Accelerate Diagnostics, Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Danaher Corporation
- Siemens Healthcare GmbH
- Randox Laboratories Ltd.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- bioMérieux SA
- T2 Biosystems, Inc.
- Acon Labs
- Scanwell Health
Related Reports to Urinary Tract Infection Testing Market:
- Global Bacterial Infection Diseases Market to hit $143.25 Billion by 2030
The global bacterial infection diseases market is expected to hit $143.25 billion by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 8.85%. Bacterial infection occurs when bacteria enter the body through an opening in the skin, due to a cut or a surgical wound, or even through airways and cause a reaction in the body. It is vital to seek treatment because an untreated bacterial infection can lead to severe problems. The increasing prevalence of bacterial infection, especially in children, drives the market for bacterial infection treatment. Moreover, rising awareness regarding proper medication and improved healthcare infrastructure, will further create lucrative opportunities in the bacterial infection treatment market.
- Global Antibiotics Market to reach $49.73 Billion by 2030
The global antibiotics market is projected to reach $49.73 billion by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 3.39%. Antibiotics are medicines given to fight bacterial infections in people. The antibiotics fight with bacteria either by killing them or making them inactive to grow and multiply. The market for antibiotics is gradually rising due to the increasing research and development activities by pharmaceutical companies. The launch of new antibiotic drugs is expected to support the market's growth over the forecast period.
Other Related Reports:
- Global Hospital-Acquired Infection Control Market to reach $34.52 Billion by 2030, growing at an impressive CAGR of 2.12%
- Global Respiratory Virus Infection Drugs Market to be worth at $83.60 Billion by 2030 and is expected to have a CAGR of 6.87%
Explore Other Cognitive Market Research's Healthcare Industry Reports